lauantai 26. helmikuuta 2011

Not a dead blog yet!

Hi there, I realize that it has been MONTHS since my last post. Funny, then it was snowny and really cold. Now we have more snow than ever and actually today the temperature rose to -4,5 C. Have I just quit my model airplane madness? No.

The MiG-21 is progressing fast and it has already undergone some taxi trials. I have an agreement on the MiG material with a magazine not to publish it in here. So lets be verbal here! Right now the laboursome fuselage re-shaping is taking place to make the 21MF model look more like a 21Bis.
Some wing bags have also been made. Yesterday I received the decals made by Tarra-Arska in Jämijärvi, Finland. They were scaled up and redrawn from 1:72 scale into 1:6.

There is also a new model in the shop. It is an EDF Viperjet by Tomahawk Design in Germany. The foamie has a wingspan of about one meter and is powered by a Wemotec Minifan. The Viperjet flies nicely and delivers like a jet should, nice speed and precise aerobatics. A fantastic foamie!
The MiG-15 project is now on hold to allow the 21 to be completed faster. The extremely cold winter makes model building in the workroom challenging...

Sorry I cannot post any pics with iPhone now.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti