torstai 26. elokuuta 2010

Some background

Let me give some background info regarding my hobby. My father used to be a keen control- line flyer and flew pretty much all of them: speed, team racing and stunt. So my first contact to model airplanes were control line models. If I remember correctly I flew a model with a Cox Baby Bee in the nose at the age of 5 or 6. The flight did not last long...
On we went then, and on my 10 th birthday I found a Cox 09 Medallion in my hands. This engine was huuuge!!!
It flew some control line models then, one was named "
Ugli" as it was not the most streamlined one!

Then my father wrote an article to a local model magazine about a japanese RC glider called Young Star. It was dense styrofoam (1981 or so) and equipped witha Futaba 2 ch radio system. He had never flown a RC model, so as we tossed the huge 1200 mm span glider down the nearby hill, down it went into the woods and... well..re- kitted.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti